Registration for the Examination
The examination for the Certificate of Attainment in Greek is organized by the Center for the Greek Language of the Aristotelian University of Greece by order of the Greek Ministry of Education and Religion. The examination takes place every year between May 10 and May 20. The examinations are both oral and written.
Successful candidates at each level will receive an official Certificate of Attainment in Modern Greek. The Certificate can be a valuable asset for those seeking employment with European or other International companies.
All information about this certificate, the levels, the examination centers, examination materials, etc. can be found at www.greeklanguage.gr .
Good to know
- Minimum hours to book per contract: 10
- 1 teaching hour = 55 minutes
- The hours of every contract should be completed within 6 months after the contract date (the months July & August are not counted as we do not offer private lessons in Athens during this period).
- If you need to cancel a lesson, you will not be charged if the lesson is cancelled within 48 hours before the scheduled time.
- Course materials: after your placement test, the teacher will inform you as to which book/materials will be needed and whether or not it is necessary to buy a textbook. All recommended textbooks can be found either online or at almost any bookshop in Greece.
- Exam Preparation is also possible through Skype lessons between October and May 15 (with the exception of the Greek Easter holidays in April). The fee is € 35/hour.