Communicate in Greek, and start speaking Greek from day 1.
This course is made for the Beginners 1 and Beginners 2 levels, and will give you a lot of motivation to start speaking Greek with easy sentences and grammar.
Start now, communicate in Greek, loose your fear of speaking Greek, and have fun!
Do you also want to learn the daily Greek language? Would you like to be able to communicate in Greek at your hotel, with your Greek friends or order your food and drinks in Greek? Did you start learning Greek recently, but you were not in the mood to learn with typical course books, a classroom setup or a lot of grammar structures? If you feel like having a break from studying Greek formally, then here is another way of learning and motivate you to start speaking Greek from day one.
The video course is meant for everybody at a beginner’s level in Greek, or for the Intermediate I level, if you wish to review basic vocabulary and get new input. The course only requires you to know to read the Greek Alphabet.
If you are not yet familiar with the Greek Alphabet, Omilo can help you out. Click here for all the info about the “Greek Alphabet Course”.
The “Everyday Greek Language Video course” consists of the following 7 lessons:
1. How to Greet in Greek | Καλημέρα, καλησπέρα
2. Bakery, Pastry Shop & Sandwich Bar | Ο φούρνος, το ζαχαροπλαστείο, το σαντουιτσάδικο
3. The Greek Kiosk and Mini-Market | Το περίπτερο και το μίνι-μάρκετ
4. Ordering a Souvlaki in Greek | Σουβλάκι ή γύρος;
5. Eating Out in Greece | Η ελληνική ταβέρνα
6. Ordering Drinks in Greek | Γεια μας!
7. Making Small Talk in Greek, Your First Greek Coversations | Μιλάμε ελληνικά
Every lesson, in total 7, consists of:
• An introduction video (around 2 minutes)
• A handout (each handout is between 10 and 15 pages)
• A video lesson (between 25 and 45 minutes)
• Extra videos with grammar, vocabulary or dialogues (video platform)
You are not sure what to expect, and would like to start with just one lesson?
This is possible for the lessons 2 and 3 (out of 7):
Click here for lesson 2 : THE GREEK BAKERY.
Click here for lesson 3 : THE GREEK KIOSK
To take the most out of each lesson, it is best to follow these steps:
1. Watch the introduction video and see images of daily life in Greece, related to your language lesson
2. Read the Handout/ eBook
3. Watch the Video lesson
4. Read the Handout again and learn the vocabulary. Each Handout has a vocabulary list with Audio
Every lesson introduces particular grammar structures.
During the video lessons, you will also see several videos of our teachers with extra explanations, vocabulary or dialogues.
You can also watch those videos separately, with the links on the video platform.
Start now, and communicate in Greek, while having fun!
Content – script: Maya Andreadi-Cornelissens
Audio and videos performed by the Omilo-team:
Maya Andreadi-Cornelissens, Marina Braila, Terpsi Gavala and Eva Christodoulou.
Proofread by Konstantinos Oikonomou.